Friday, September 18, 2009

Growing Pains

When my eldest son was a bit younger, he would wake up in the middle of the night in agony. He had what the doctor called growing pains in his legs, I would give him Motrin and that would do the trick. These days I am wishing that they made Motrin for puberty! It seems like all my 13 year old and I do is argue, about nothing! I say the sky is blue, and he says no.....it's pink! I really miss the days of him thinking that I am just the coolest person in the world, on the other hand, it is really neat to see the way he is growing and changing. I think a lot of the time I think of my 13 year old as on auto pilot because the two younger children need me so much for basic things. I think that the growing pains that we are feeling now are going to be the stuff he will be made of as an adult, and maybe between arguments he still secretly thinks I am pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment