Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Baby Love

You know I have to say that since the moment my children were born, I have been crazy about them. There are people out there who may say that I hold them too much, that I spoil them because they slept in my bed, and probably breastfed for entirely too long for the American standard. I don't care! I love them, I love the way they smell, I love that I want to hang out with them, and I love that some of the things that come out of their mouths make me belly laugh until it hurts. I am probably going to take some flack for my next statement, but who cares. I really dislike parents who let their children's schedule dictate their lives, "Oh we cannot do that because it falls right in the middle of so and so's nap time" give me a break people! let the kids nap in the car!. Don't get me wrong, some structure is nice but as adults, we need a life too, and I choose to have my children be a part of my life. SO here is my spiel.....Babies should be carried by a parent, not in a car seat, breastfeeding is better for a baby than formula, simple as that, children should be able to sleep near their parents, and for all of you women out there who have some kind of opinion about any of this, look at who's children are calmer and more able to adapt to given situations. My babies will not be babies for ever, I know because I have a teenager too! I am going to enjoy it while it lasts!

1 comment: